Friday, December 10, 2010

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots



Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is upon us, and I give you my own personal review of it. It must be mentioned that I am a very big Metal Gear Solid fan, and I have been ever since I experienced Metal Gear Solid on the PSOne. That game is amazing, and I may write a review for it in the future, but for now, let's focus on Hideo Kojima's fourth opus on the PlayStation 3.
First of all, the graphics are beautiful. This game really pushes the power of your ps3, and you can tell in the in game graphics, which all of the game's cut scenes implement. The game needs to install in each of the chapters in the game, and it takes about 3 minutes each, which sucks, but it's worth it to see each new area introduced. I won't give away the story except to say that it plays a major part of the game. Most of the game unfolds during cut scenes, so you won't be playing that much, but there is a lot of gameplay too. I just think there is more cut scenes than gameplay, which makes for an unsatisfying game. You play as the legendary Solid Snake, who is aging because of the Fox Die in his system. The game is set in the future, with technologically advanced weapons and weapon launderers. The boss fights are great and epic feeling, and probably the most exciting part of the game. What I found to be disappointing is that you don't even need to sneak around, which Solid Snake is famous for. The action in the game is also too easy because you can buy weapons at any time from Drebin, using points you gain from picking up weapons on the battlefield. I just breezed through the environments, making my way to each boss battle, and eventually, to the end of the game. The game is also very short. It is definitely a game that needs to be experienced on the PS3, for the interactivity and graphics alone. The music is also very good in this game.
Solid Snake has seen better games. This is not one his best.

Graphics- 9.9 out of 10
Sound and Music- 9.8 out of 10
Gameplay- 5.9 out of 10
Presentation- 9 out of 10

Overall- 5.5 out of 10

0 comments:

Post a Comment