Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dirt 2 (Xbox 360)

The 'Dirt' series from Codemasters was excellent from the start. Featuring online play, and tons of vehicles and tracks to race on, it shined as one of the best rally games on the Xbox 360. Not to mention, one of the best looking. Surprisingly, Codemasters improved on the formula, by adding more rally racing legends, and plenty of track and cars to choose from. The layout and presentation is also stronger, making Dirt 2 stand out among any other competing games from the same genre. The first Dirt game was quite long, in terms of it's career mode, and this one is no different. I love the graphics in this game! They are so amazing! Seeing as right now, the game is about 3-4 years old, it still is one of the sharpest looking games on the Xbox 360 in my opinion. There are plenty of music tracks in the game, but they only play during the menu screen, and not during the race. But that's fine with me. The track are not that great, but give the already outstanding game more character. I love that when you crash into or nudge other racers, they will respond to you via your helmet earphones. Also, there are preset names built into the game, so I can hear them say my own name when I win. This helps with immersion into the game world. There is so much to be said about this excellent driving game, but I would just encourage you to play it for yourself. It's  an almost always fun racing game that I have trouble putting down once I pick up the controller to play it.

Graphics: 10 out of 10 (no complaints!)
Sound and Music: 8.8 out of 10
Presentation: 9.8 out of 10
Gameplay: 9.9 out of 10

Overall: 9.6 out of 10

0 comments:

Post a Comment